Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sled ran great last year without trouble. I get it out this year and it wont run. Actually, I started it up periodically during the summer and it ran fine and even moved around the yard just fine. Now the temps have dropped it wont run without loading plugs. I have tried both the BR9ES and BR9EYA. At first it would idle fine but when you pushed throttle half way the throttle would just cut. Any ideas? I cleaned the carbs and synched them last season.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
There are still carb problems with it. If it's loading either the floats are not set right or a jet is plugged, etc. Did you run it up to temp at all or just for a minute or so?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is letting it run for approx 10 minutes. Like I said before, it ran great in the summer. I am thinking its a choke problem but I dont know until its torn apart.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
That was going to be my next suggestion. Make sure the choke slides are closing all the way, but if it ran good all last year, they should still be OK. Are the plugs wet and oily when you remve them?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Definite carb problem, whether you had them done last year or not, there's still an issue with them. Pull them off and make sure they are clean and the choke is working correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The other day I went out and adjusted the chokes. They were off a little. I wasnt sure how to go about adjusting except by pulling it out, taking a pencil and sliding it in then marking with a marker the length. Then I adjusted the choke according to that mark. it started up and ran good for about 15 seconds then shut off and wouldnt start. I started pumping it with gas and noticed the fuel wasnt moving in the valve. I followed the line and found my line was full of ice! at this point i removed my gas cap and found ice jammed up under the cap. i also noticed that the clear lense to the cap had moisture and some ice in it. i am thinking maybe the cap is leaking somehow. so now its at my dads thawing out. :mad:

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Take off the tank and drain it, purge the lines, then put it all back together again. Use a little dry gas when you run it next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts