Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ZRT 600 Clutch

Been having trouble with my sled. When i go to take off it will burn the belt you have to give it a little push, even then it still don't work properly when moving.
I took the driven clutch apart and had a death in the family and didn't get back to it for a while now i can't remember if i'm doing it right?
The buttons seem to have groves worn in them would this cause problem? Any thoughts?

Also if anyone could walk me through the installation or pictures that would be great!
The spring is yellow,i'm not sure how to get the tension right?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
96 Posts
i'll give it a try.

place spring in middle hole. When you compress the spring cover down with your hand, you have to push down and twist COUNTER CLOCK WISE, then just make sure you can keep it pressed down and use the other hand to install the nuts. Its going to put load on and against the helix ramp. I do mine right on the floor and put it between my knees while im kneeling down. Try that. I wish I had some pictures

good luck and sorry to hear about the loss.

·
Registered
431 Posts
load the spring clock wise not counter. You need to "tighten" the spring so it is loaded on the helix ramps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK... Got it back together.... seems to take of ok(little high on rpm 4800-5000) but when it shifts up the rpm is 7500 is this a little high?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
..No i'm talking about when its shifting up at 50-60mph the motor is almost reving out? Then when it shifts it seems fine haven't had it WOT (top speed) yet.

I put spring in middle hole should i put it in 2nd hole?

Also buttons have wear on them going to get new ones tomorrow would they cause this problem?

Its all stock as far as i know

Thanks again:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts