Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased a used 98 zr600 efi. Drained the old gas, replaced the spark plugs. Sled is hesitant out of the hole. Do you have to take it to a repair shop to determine if the efi is working correctly?

thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
To check efi yes.But I would try some injector cleaner first.Maybe its been sitting for awhile and as gummed up .Good luck

·
Administrator
1,133 Posts
MacCat said:
Just recently purchased a used 98 zr600 efi. Drained the old gas, replaced the spark plugs. Sled is hesitant out of the hole. Do you have to take it to a repair shop to determine if the efi is working correctly?

thanks
You will need to take it to a cat dealer. They have a computer linkage that they use to tune and test the EFI system. I have noticed that on really warm days, my EFI does bog a little bit, but at any temperature below about 25 it runs absolutely beautifully thorugh the entire speed range.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you can check the efi for codes at home depending on what style it is. the earlier models had a LED that would flash out trouble codes .not sure if your machine has it or not, if so it will be on/in the computer but visible from the outside(hood up)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does have the LED on the bottom. Any idea how to initiate the diagnosis?

Is there somewhere I can find what the codes translate to?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts