Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a ZR500 and I am allready having troubles. It is a 1998 and all the axels in my suspention are broken off and the sliders are cracked. Also all the berrings in the track are gone and my drive shaft is broken.
I was wondering is it the sled from hitting a few jumps and bouncing off bumps on the track or would it be from the person who had it before me or what it could of been caused by.

Also I have a polaris racing cluch in it is that good or bad on it or does it matter and what kind of racing cluch could it be. Also how much extra mph would that clutch put on my machine.

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your suspension trouble sounds like failure to maintain.you need you rebuild more aften.

with the clutch thing I'd need to know exactly what it is..what sheaves,arms,spring,etc.... is it just the drive or is the driven changed as well?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sounds like you should have taken some one with you that knew what to look for in a sled! Hope you got it cheap with all that damage.Holeshots right, without knowing what calibration the polaris clutch is the only advice I can give is, What the hell would you want to put crap polaris parts on a cat for? Leave it stock it's still better than any thing race or stock coming out of a polaris shop lately.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the help the clutch was on it when I bought it but i guess it dont matter i havent got the money to go and buy a stock one, any way how much would one be?

About the suspension. What do you mean by keep it maintained? What can I do to keep it maintaned?
I have had other ski doo like for instance i had a bravo and used to hit pretty bit jups for a bravo on it but nothing like this happened. I think it was the person who had it before me but what could that person do on it to do this much damage? He was about 50 years old.
I just dont know what could of caused this?

And also If you have any tips or anythink about maintanince on the engine or the suspension/track please let me know.

thanks for all the help guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts