But i do not know differents between ZR580, ZRT600,ZR600
Give me some feedback on these engines.
HP?
Toppspeed?
Reliability?

·
Registered
101 Posts
All 97+ Cats have ETT but it wasn't until 98 that the AWS V came out on the ZR's and 99 for the ZRT's. Like said the ZR is a twin and the ZRT is a triple. Being a twin the ZR's are lighter and more agile in tight trails but get a wide open trail the ZRT can't be beat. The ZRT 600 is faster the the ZR 600.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i hate to disagree with you phat cat but from what i have seen even across a lake triples have been beat by twins. ive seen a 2001 zr 600 beat a 2000 zrt 600 and also saw a 2002 zr 800 beat a 99 zrt 800. now this is what i saw, im not saying it happens everytime but this is what i saw. also each sled was bone stock, but they all had picks.

·
Banned
114 Posts
If I was stuck with a big heavy tripple that had no resale value I'd try to convince myself that they were faster than twins too. I'll take my big twin any day. I had one tripple, that was more than enough!

·
Registered
431 Posts
i have an f-5 too. i also have a zrt 600. id take a twin all day over a triple but on a long straight run a triple is faster. ask my buddy with the zr600. he pulls 2 sled lengths at the start but around 70- 80 we are even then a pass him all together

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
triples as a rule have a higher top end than a twin, they can run at a higher rpm smoother than a twin, smaller parts, less stress on each part.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
:D Darn Rights, A friend has a 99 ZRT800, he rode my buddies F7 for about 50 miles this weekend, says the 800 is snappier and faster top end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On a Long run My 1999 ZRT 900 can beat most twins.On a short run I have my hands full with the ZR 9 and F-7's.At around 70-80 mph my triple is just getting going and on a lake run I can usually catch and pass the twins.
It all depends on the hookup.
If I hook I'm gone ,if I spin they are gone .
Aall in a days fun on the lake.
I had a couple of twins and in the woods they are light and nimble.I still like that SMOOOOOTH and long legged triple.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
ZRT 900? i didn't know there was a 99 ZRT 900, thought there were only thundercat 900's

·
Banned
114 Posts
If somebody has a ZRT800 that is snappier than an F7 I would get that F7 checked out. There must be something wrong with it. If tripples were better they would still make them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A triple isn't made to be 'snappy' they dish out a ton of smooth power. Between my ZRT and my brother F7 its to close to call, sometimes he gets a couple sled lengths on me out of the whole other times were side by side. Triple have more top end pull then a twin but twins are usually better out of the whole. I've spent many miles on an F7 and its a blast to ride and play on but when you get out on a lake or wide open trails the top end power of my triple was missed. ext's ZRT 900 is an 800 with 900 jugs.

·
Registered
431 Posts
good call phat_cat. i never said a triple is better than a twin or vise versa. triples SHOULD and i said SHOULD be faster on the top end. I myself prefer the twin because of the weight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts