Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to install the small solder rings while assembling the pto side drive shaft bearing carrier? The part number in 0623-810. Any answers are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
25,720 Posts
small solder rings ?
If you are referring to the lock collars YES!
The PTO side the bearing should be flush with end of shaft and make sure the 3 hole cover plate is on correct before hand.
Both 3 bolt plates go on the inside of tunnel and the speedo drive goes on out side.
To get broken speedo drive spring out the insert does come out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for suck a quick reply! I am aware of the locking collar having to go on but what I am talking about is this little guy. This is from a 2002 zr 600 efi parts diagram and its is called a solder ring its part # is 0623-810.

Attachments

·
Registered
25,720 Posts
WOW Never heard nor seen that wonder what thats for, it would hold the speedo drive away and the grease would run out. Was there to be three?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. I called a local guy last night who has been working on cats for ages and he says it goes between the three holed plates and the inside of the tunnel and its purpose is to just hold the assembly in place while you install the drive shaft. He also said you it is not necessary for you to use them.(y)

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Ah, thus the reason they are called solder rings. They are probably made from a very soft metal like solder is. Lead/Silver combo.

·
Registered
25,720 Posts
I wonder if it was like a key chain ring and that you could hold both pieces together as you assembled?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts