Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 03 ZR 900 at the end of last season, and unfortunately I could not ride it. I'm coming from an F5, which i love the handling on. I was wondering how the Handling is on the Z-ZR Style sleds, is it as Agile as the Firecat, I like the firecat because it reacts greatly to the slightest movement of the rider. Any input on the handling of these sleds would be awesome. thanks

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I have ridden the Z. (z570:2004, and z370:2002) and i think that they handle really well.. Good luck with the ZR I bet it will turn just as good as the F5 did!

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
I have owned a ZR2 chassis sled for the last 4 years. I had a Zr 500 and handled just great! Feels light in the front end, yet bites very well if you get the ski pressure adjusted right. I really like the Zr2 chassis. At the moment I have a new 2002 MCat 600 EFI which is nearly identical in handling to the 500. One of my best friends who rides a Polaris 700 even admitted that he likes the handling of my Mountain cat better than his 700s.

I would say you can expect a really great ride. The 900 will however be a very heavy sled. Don't expect to go jumping it like you would an f5.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, I can honestly say from experience that the ZR chassis does NOT handle like the firecat. In ANY conditions. But dont get me wrong, it is a great chassis. And as for the weight, I dont think the 900 will be bad at all for jumping. It is still a very popular sled for a lot of hard riders. Btw, Nice sled!

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i found the ride alot different between the F chassis and ZR, its like a whole new concept, i think they would be excellent all around, and they seem to feel A lot lighter, probly the redesigned engine layout, but the ZR 900 shoudl treat you good. It might not be as great of a jumper as the Firecat, but it'll definitely kick the snot out of it for speed and flat ground riding. Have fun, the ZR chassis is gonna fade out soon though i think.

·
Banned
114 Posts
I love my zr800, but after I rode my friends f7 I didn't want to get off it. It felt so much lighter and was more responsive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts