Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anyone know a really good clutchin setup for a zr 700. its stock right now so its puttin out about 115 hp. it had some sort of a clutch kit in it but its been played with, right now it has stock wieghts and springs, but i noticed the helix says 55º-53º. I'm not sure exactly what that means? progressive helix? from 55º to 53º or vice versa. Does anyone know what setup make this sled rock?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Trade it ! don't dump money into a sled that didn't have any balls to start with. No matter what you do to the sled 500's will walk on by.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmm i c, actually it has some pretty good ballz, beats my 600 on hard pack... i just wanted to know a good setup, i have though of guttin the airbox possibly or getting a scavenger airbox and maybe pipes. they say that pipes really improve the sled. i don't think i'll be trading it, i got a reall good deal on it and it goes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
zr 700 clutching

you answered my question(kinda)about breaking bumpers. i just posed the exact same question here about a month ago.he said to stay with the stock 53gram weights and switch to a green yellow spring, and use a 54 helix also move stock yellow spring to 2nd hole.i have not done my secondary yet and i now engaging 4300,will probably move to next spring up though to engage at about 4800,if i cure my bumper shearing problem 1st.with 144 studs this a great set up,i see though you want to put a long deep lug on yours not such a good combo then good luck!

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man, much apreciated, i am runnin pretty close to those specs- cept for the studs, and my spring is in the far clockwise hole, hole 1 i presume? i hope you have better luck with your bumper, maybe the dealer has an idea... it sounds kind of wierd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts