Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and came back from a 50 mile ride. I noticed antifreeze puddled under the sled after I loaded it on the trailer. It looks like it's not much and appears to be leaking from the hose that runs by the recoil on the side to bottom front of motor. I hope that's the problem. Can use standard automotive antifreeze? Also, how do I add? Do I let it idle warm with cap off?

·
Registered
95 Posts
yes any green automotive coolant will be just fine!!! just be sure that its a 50/50 mix of coolant and water!! to much water and the coolant will freeze and to much coolant and the antifreeze will gel up!! as far as filling raise the front of the sled higher then the rear bumper and fill it!! be sure there are no air in the system!!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the hose? Should I try find an automotive hose or rape myself for a dealer part?

·
Registered
230 Posts
If your talking about the hose that runs from the front heat exchanger to the rear exchanger that it has the bend on the end by recoil. You will want to get it from the dealer. They run about $30 but make sure that the pull rope guard is included. ( it is a small plastic guard with zip ties to attach it) If you don't put that on the pull rope will eventually cut through it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts