Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a sled that has been sitting for a few years. The current master cylinder (or reservoir) has leaked it has been in storage, and am looking at getting a used one I am wondering what years of sleds have the same master cylinder assy.

Also I have had to replace a needle in one of the carbs as it was jamming in the jet, I got the sled running and took it for a quick ride up and down a back lane a few times and it feels like I have a bad stator, bogs when i release the throttle in mid range, but it also dies at idle so I'm going to play with the jetting slightly to see if i can remedy the issue that way. which would more likely be the cause of the problem the jetting or the stator. I'm planning to test the stator this coming weekend to be sure.

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
One of the slides may be sticking. Clean the carbs to start.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Bypass the tss. Flush tank and fill with fresh gas. Clean clutches.

·
ZR rider
2,064 Posts
Bypass the tss.
That's right I forgot about that... it would explain why it dies too.

I had a little problem last week with my TSS. I let my friend take out the slide on one of my carbs and he put it in backwards. Oddly enough it ran fine until I got about 5 miles away from my house. I turned off the sled for a while and when I tried to start it again I had lost all of my spark. Well I went back the next morning and pulled my slide out only to realize it was in backwards. I put it back in and she fired right up. It just makes you wonder if the TSS actually does it's job or if it's there to look pretty :laugh:.

·
Registered
25,446 Posts
I believe all the hydo masters are the same threw 04! But replace the master hose and caliber all as one piece!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I have done to the sled so far:
Flushed gas tank

Cleaned carbs, replaced needle in one, was an idiot and put the slide in backwards didn't even realize.

flushed coolant system and replaced with fresh coolant

greased everything

Clutches were sticking (a little rusty) so sprayed down with wd40 to get them moving, will clean this weekend.

Got the sled to idle today had to fine tune the airscrews, tested to see if both plugs were firing equally by removing caps to see if sled would still run.
It would die when only the plug on the recoil side was hooked up ran fine when both were hooked up and would run when just plug on clutch side was hooked up...

Getting a rebuild kit for master cylinder this weekend.

what could be causing the weak spark?

I will be bypassing the tss as well but can't work on sled till this weekend.

·
Registered
25,446 Posts
Well remove the belt and sand the cluches and hope you didn't get any on sheves! Then blow them off real good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts