Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a artic cat zr 600 efi with a hesitation while riding, engine bogs and have to tap the throttle and comes back. i was wondering if someone had a simular problem

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Try disconnecting the emergency engine shut-off switch, it's easy to do, and if it doesn't work then you can just re-connect it

Fixed it on my 370 :cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
My riding partner has the same issue with his ZR 600 EFI, if the throttle is held at any constant rpm for anytime it'll bogg down. He rarely sees it happen, but when I 2-uped on it with my wife or when his wife road it, the hesitation stated acting up. (yes we ride conservativly.. ;) )
If I remember correctly therr was a service bulitin on the throttle body or linkage that was suppose to help. I'll have him check and get back to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah faster I'm right there with you!! Tap the throttle and she comes back to life?? I know there was a recall on part of the actual throttle lever (the little round discs that the bolt goes thru to hold it to the handle bar, but I don't know if that would have any thing to do with it?? I never had mine replaced, didn't even hear about the recall untill two weeks ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
There called throttle seats and they do wear out. those who ride on and off the throttle wear them out quicker. only cost a couple of bucks and any one can replace them.When they wear the little tang out they dont make contact with the throttle position switch telling the sled that the cable is broken or out of adjustment. The sled will do it more often if you stand up or ride double because your changing the angle you push on the throttle. Easy fix once youve been there. Efi's seem to be a lot more sensitive.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Did anybody else catch what Chase mentioned... Riding his friends wife around??? Tell us more Chase!!!!!;) I know theres things you might now want others to know so you can email me Chase lol:D

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
No, he said when he 2 uped with HIS wife, or his friends wife rode he said. he didnt say when he 2 uped wth his friends wife:p

·
Registered
121 Posts
Pull the pin out of the throttle, when you pull the throttle away from the handle bars you'll see 2 almost clear round seats, one on top of the throttle block and one on the bottom. Sometimes they stick in the lever so be carefull when takeing them off. The one on top is the one your concerned with cause it has a tang that hangs down that makes connection with the throttle safety switch. It may look good but be worn enough to cause your sled to bog or back fire. That switch tells your sled when the throttle is stuck open and shuts it down. The sled will run with it messed up but it won't be right. Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts