Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea if a 2000 XCR 800 clutch would fit a 1994 ZR 580? I can get it for free and was wondering if by any chance it could be used?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If it will a lot of modifications will have to be done because its a different manufacturers engine in a totally different model chassis. And thats IF only it can fit, it might not even work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I pulled both clutches apart and found very few differences. The stationary sheave is almost identical only difference I might see is that a polaris puller will have to be used, I think. So, I installed my cat weights and I'm going to try the cat spring also but it is about an inch shorter than the one for the XCR 800. I'll let you all know if it works. Can't hurt can it?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Well if its almost exactly the same size i wouldnt think it would hurt it, Give it a try!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the biggest problem I ran into is the clutch bolt is different in length and diameter but I made it happen for now. Spring from 800 doesn't quite get it, when slowing down clutch disengages to soon and Cat spring engaged to early. I will get a spring match for now but still shop for another Cat clutch just to make it right. What can I say?, I'll try anything once if I can save a buck! Thanks for the support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts