Snowmobile Forum banner

ZR 500 Engine Swap

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  kccats 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 Zr 500 that I would like to put a Zr 800 motor in. I would like to know or get some ideas on this project from other people that have done this and get some pointers. I found an 02 zr 800 that the guy would sell me for $1800 and i could have the whole thing or he said that he would sell me all the stuff to do the swap for $1200. So what would be the best deal? I need to know if im going to need the cluches and the gears and shaft for it and other stuff for the swap. Any ideas will help!

Thanks, mxdirtking

#9 ·
Yeah I did! You're just North of me! I have a complete 800 Carb motor to put into my 98 ZR600! You would be much better off buy the whole sled, and FIXING it! I gave up, but your 01 chassis would be a better canidate for the swap. I would buy a set of D&D 800 pipes for it, and a SLP type air box. The mounts, carbs, ignition, clutches,and cables would be needed off the 800! The only thing you can use off you 500 is the recoil!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.