Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Zr 500 that I would like to put a Zr 800 motor in. I would like to know or get some ideas on this project from other people that have done this and get some pointers. I found an 02 zr 800 that the guy would sell me for $1800 and i could have the whole thing or he said that he would sell me all the stuff to do the swap for $1200. So what would be the best deal? I need to know if im going to need the cluches and the gears and shaft for it and other stuff for the swap. Any ideas will help!

Thanks, mxdirtking

·
Registered
9 Posts
you would need the carbs or throttle bodys, clutches, gears, not sure about the drive shaft
if the 800 is in good running condition i would just run that
if its just a parts sled than that is a high price

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its in fair condition but I mainly want it for a project to do because its something different. I got d&d pipes on the 500 right now so would that fit with that motor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Darn that sucks! So I would need the exhaust off of it so would be better off buying a donor sled but I want to do it now and that sled is complete for 1800 but it would be really nice if I could get a hold of a wrecked one but I can't find anything around were I'm at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone done this project just want to get some pointers but I remember crashtoys had a website and they were from stillwater, MN and now I can't find the website does anyone know what happened to them?

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Yeah I did! You're just North of me! I have a complete 800 Carb motor to put into my 98 ZR600! You would be much better off buy the whole sled, and FIXING it! I gave up, but your 01 chassis would be a better canidate for the swap. I would buy a set of D&D 800 pipes for it, and a SLP type air box. The mounts, carbs, ignition, clutches,and cables would be needed off the 800! The only thing you can use off you 500 is the recoil!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts