Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i put heavy duty springs in my zl, and now the rear 2 bolts that go into the tunnel arent lining up at all, anybody know what to check for ? thanks in advance...- Ed

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Rear suspensions, how do you say, suck......When I did it in my Doo, I have 3 sets of bolts to install. I had to do the front first, then the rear, then the middle. The track tensioners were all the way out as far as they could go. It takes a lot of muscling around to get them in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
WAIT:

Who makes HD springs for the ZL?

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
rear suspension=not fun

the rear swing arm bolts never line up if you take the skid out. nothing is wrong.

If you take the torsion spring tension out of the rear you can slide the rear swing arm around real easy to get the bolts lined up

unbolt the front torsion spring holder.

GOOD LUCK

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i just use a ratchet strap, put front bolts in, then use ratchet to pull 2 arms together and put in rear bolts, works like a charm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help, and Cat makes the HD springs. in my opinion the factory zl springs were made for 100lb chicks

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
This whole thread makes me feel a lot better. I've had the suspension out of my 440 Panther twice now. Each time it took my son and I to wrestle it back into position. Thought we were doing something wrong... Both of us thought it *shouldn't* be so freekin' hard to get it back together. Looks like what we encountered was about "normal" for the given task. Whew! Hope we never have to take it apart again.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
putting the skid in is never easy.after you take it out a few times you get the hang of it. I taken suspension out more times than I can count. and it is still not fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts