Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just rebuilt a 1999 600 efi idles great,will move-not right-up to quarter throttle.if u let it sit for a sec then give it a little gas it backfires and has no power and anything over half throttle just boggs.i have tried to contact the arctic cat dealer he tells me there isno way of checking the sensors-just to start changing them-but i m not positive that is the problem.anyone have a problem like this-or anyone have an idea of a way i can eliminate some things....thanks:confused:

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
welcome to the forums

you should try posting this in the arctic cat forum, or in general discussion

seg or one of the admin may move it for you, hope you get your problem solved

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 99 ZL about the middle of the season last year and had the same problems! cept it was when i was going through powder that it wld bog and also on take off! I found out that it was my throttle switch that was messing up! If you push the back of ur throttle switch in while ur hitting the throttle this may eliminate the problems! At least it did for me!

·
Registered
37 Posts
try disconnecting your kill switch and see if it goes away, thats what happened to my zr! the kill switch was buggered up and was like shortin the motor out, back fireing and goin on and off

·
GO GREEN OR GO HOME!
1,564 Posts
try what badnad said then come back if a no go

·
Registered
26,231 Posts
How did it run before the rebuild? Why did you go threw it? Could you have the injector wires switched? Pistons in backwards? Something in the exhaust?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts