Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 ZL 600 efi. Anyhow I m having a bit of a hard time taking belt off. How do you do it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
just make sure the secondary cluch (near the rear of the sled) is open. to do this grab the outside and spin it, (it's pretty tight) this will open the clutch and the belt can go slack, hold that with your right hand, then pull the belt off the primary clutch with the left. Hope that helps, sometimes it can be a pain..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot. I just bought this sled and I'm having some problems with it. It bogs down when pressing the throttle. On the secondary clutch, the bolt that holds everything in keeps coming undone. I dont know what to do.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
check and make sure you have the spring pin (turnkey) in there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
a lot of 99 zl with efi had a problem with the stater plate. My buddies bogged down all the time and we disconnected the kill switch and it has ran good ever since.
stater plate cost close to 500.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 97 zr580efi mine just had a similar problem. It would be a little late bog alittle then go. thottle position sensor was off by about a 1/32 of an inch. adj that and sled is on the money,screams.as to the secondary clutch, check to see that spacer is in clutch sleave.Try blue loctite on bolt,and make sure it's torqued correctly.I think it's probably 19 to 25 ft lbs. good luck .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts