Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 ZL440 competely stock. I want to know how I could make it really quick off the line without doing anything major. What kind of cheap clutch adjustments could I make? What kind of speed can I expect before and after adjustments? I just bought the sled. If I were to sell it, what should I expect to get for it? It has approx 1700 miles and is in great shape. That pearl white is one sharp sled. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
change the clutch springs and weights, that will get you out of the hole a little a bit faster by raising your rpms before the engine kicks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great sled..fun to Ride and Modify!....she's already engaging pretty high in stock form...i'd say around 4500rpm. If you go this route you have to maintain the rest of the drivetrain more frequently. I'd go with a yellow/white drive clutch spring (arctic cat part#0646-229), a 19tooth top sprocket(#0602-444)
[take up chain slack with manual tensioner]. this well help a bit.

If you're welling to put some more money into your sled...reeds well increase your throttle reponse (v-force are good...with the cases) modify your air intake (make some kind of direct air intake to help her suck in some of that cold winter air).. then adjust your jetting accordingly... if you are not sure on jetting bring her to someone who do.

If you want to know anymore possible mods for your sled just drop me a line.

Happy Riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts