Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.
i got a zl 440 for my b-day and i am wondering if it will be able to jump . the jump i have right now is kinda small only 20 ft long with a landing ramp. do you think the sled will be mok for this jump??also does any one know any performance parts i could get for it.. i would like to get a pipe with a cool sound or smething along the line for more top speed.. its a 1997 zl 440 thanks..

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
the jump is 3/4 feet high and you think you're going to get 10 feet of air, and um, 10 feet of air on a ZL and kiss your suspension byebye unless you have a really nice soft, steep tranny to land on

·
Registered
64 Posts
good luck getting 10 feet of air off a jump that size. unless you mean distance. the susp will probably be fine though. a good friend of mine jumped a Z370, almost as much as i do, and then got a Z440, and jumped that as much as the 370, he didnt have any susp. problems.

·
Registered
228 Posts
my friend has a z370 and he jumps his. as long as there is a landing ramp, a gentle lip, and shorter than 30 feet you should be fine. bye the way i have done about a 50 foot long jump and i am just barely pushing 10 feet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
my 96 Z 440 takes the jumps pretty good, does bottom out , i wouldnt worry about your suspension too much if your gonna put it up now and then but if your gonna jump it alot i would reccomend rebuilding the shocks charge them stiff and put on some new springs

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
most times, i tihnk jumping is all in the rider, just be prepared to be fixing things like mounts or sometimes the fins molded onto the hood to attach it to the hinge and stuff will break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts