Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone riding these sleds? I was in a bad car wreck and had to sell my old sleds and now i am healed up enough to get back into riding and i was looking at these sleds i would ride the Z1 turbo and my girlfriend would ride the F8. Any feedback would help a lot. I have done a ton of research on both of these sleds so i know a lot about them i just want to hear some feedback on people that have been riding these sleds. Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
don't have an EXT but I do have a 2010 F8 lxr. Its been a good machine so far except for a suspension piece that broke the other week. Good power and comfortable ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't have an EXT but I do have a 2010 F8 lxr. Its been a good machine so far except for a suspension piece that broke the other week. Good power and comfortable ride.
Yea i would think the power is great 160hp is great power. Sorry to hear about the suspension

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Dont ya think an f6 would be a better bet for ur gf? A bit safer, and easier on ur wallet

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yea i would think the power is great 160hp is great power. Sorry to hear about the suspension
yeah it runs pretty close to my 2007 F1000 sno pro and is faster than our 2007 F8. It sheared off the bolts that hold the A-arm to the spindle. Pretty crappy. Basically needs a new spindle because we can't get 2 of the 4 broken bolts out of it. Snapped off 2 easy out tools trying. easier just to buy a new spindle that try to drill out and retap the holes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont ya think an f6 would be a better bet for ur gf? A bit safer, and easier on ur wallet
This has crossed my mind she had a zl 600 ss before and she really liked that sled a lot and sometimes i think i am looking at the F8 EXT as being my 2nd sled instead of just her's. I was just thinking that the longer track would make for a smother ride for her and we have some fields around are house and if we get a lot of snow we like going out in the fields to ride the powder plus she like the idea of being able to ride 2 up on the f8 so she can give the kids a ride.

·
Registered
26,127 Posts
You really think you NEED 2 of the most powerfull sleds made?
Don't get me wrong, these are great sleds! But if all you are doing is trail rideing then there are other sleds!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it runs pretty close to my 2007 F1000 sno pro and is faster than our 2007 F8. It sheared off the bolts that hold the A-arm to the spindle. Pretty crappy. Basically needs a new spindle because we can't get 2 of the 4 broken bolts out of it. Snapped off 2 easy out tools trying. easier just to buy a new spindle that try to drill out and retap the holes.
That sucks man but i would do the same thing if i was in your shoes and just get a new spindle. Good luck with all that

·
Registered
244 Posts
You really think you NEED 2 of the most powerfull sleds made?
Don't get me wrong, these are great sleds! But if all you are doing is trail rideing then there are other sleds!
why not man? I have a f1000 sno pro, and the new HO F8. More the better imo.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Just keep your gf safe man, i say get her an f6 snopro! An f8 would be alot for her too throw around to

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just keep your gf safe man, i say get her an f6 snopro! An f8 would be alot for her too throw around to
Yea i hear you i want to be safe for sure and that is something i need to really look at. I am sure if she is very careful she could handle the F8 but she would never need or even want 162 HP so i think i am going to take a look at the F6 for her that sled will give her everything she needs in a sled. She has ask me to not get her something with no power but a f6 would have plenty of power for her and again like i said she loved her 2002 ZL 600ss EFI

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Yea.... Keep us posted on what happens!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got to tell you that after looking into the F6 i am not really impressed with the 118 HP motor that is only 8 hp more than my girlfriends 2002 zl 600 plus the features that come on the F6 are not as good as the ones that come on the F8 EXT. I think she is going to be a lot happier with a F8 EXT than the F6 SP.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I wish there was still a 700 class.. I hear ya. After awhile the 600 might not be enough, but initially, the 800 will be to much..

·
Registered
244 Posts
maybe see if you can find a couple year old F8 somewhere. the 07-09 were 140 hp. I was able to find a 0 miles 07 f1000 earlier this year at a dealer for $6500. If you can find an F8 like that it would save you some money and give you the features you are looking for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
yea that dont look bad... Flint is about 45 minutes away from me

1 - 20 of 27 Posts