1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know what i noticed
Alot of the people i talk to love there fusions
most of the people complaining about them have like 2 posts
im wondering if there owners of a different brand and just trying to bash teh fusion.
like one guy is bashing his fusion and his name was like trachfusion
change the c add a s and you got trashfusion
just my 2 cents but people are getting wrong ideas of the fusion
i personally know at leats 6 riders of the top of my head who dished out big bucks to pick up one of these sleds
and not one of them has a bad complaint some of them are iffy as they get used to the higher riding position
and all there sleds go over 110 so all those people who are saying they cant break 90 and what not are full of BS.
Ill stop complaining now and yes i own a polaris im not brand sensative cause i like all kinds of sleds but on reliability yamaha is the most reliable sled right now. So everyone stop complaining and hit the trails.
This is your teacher signing out.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
and i have one reason, you will like it i promise, that they may only be going 90-

the new engine may not be fully broken in yet, so itll take more than a day of riding for it to get to its fullest. i mentioned this about a rev 800 once. the guy with the new 800 couldnt go over 90 the first day. but the next day or so and on, it was up to 115 or so.

so maybe the engine just needs a bit of...warming up?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hera ya, my buddies sled as soon as he hit his 250 mile break in he opened itup an dpassed right by me on my 700 and i was doing 105
good point though

You only hear the bad stories about things not the good
till you drive a sled bite your tounge on talking about it you know

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think the new fusions look ok, and I don't usualy like the new sleds

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I dont think it is someone bashing polaris, it probably is a fusion owner. I have heard many stories good and bad so far about these sleds. My dads friend has had his already in the shop for warranty work so yeah they are having some problems, but every sled isnt going to run as great as the others.

·
Registered
17 Posts
local dealer has sold 14 of those. nine of them have been back at the shop getting some engine work done to them. The local doo dealer has one in on trade for a mach z 1000. My father in law has one at his cat dealler ship, it was traded in for a zr900. I have also got mixed feed back on the 900's at the race tracks. Some guys love them and say they are the best sled out there, some guys hate them, saying they are the worst thing polaris made.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My email IS trachfusion900. I have 1700 miles on my Fusion and still have never broke the 105 mark on it. I hate the motor. Anything under the hood I think sucks,it vibrates A LOT. One of my friends hopped on it this weekend and drove about a half mile and gave it back,hated the vibration in his feet. I don't think this thing is all that great. I don't know how come some people are seeing 110 or more mph,but mine and my dad's flatout can't. I'm not trying to bash this thing,but I'm just putting my two cents worth out on what I think of it,everyone I talk to with one finds the same problems. Maybe it's just the Wisconsin Fusions? I wish this motor was great because it rides great,but my motor is no better than a little 600. My motor is broke in by now and it hasn't been any better since day one. We haven't clutched or geared this thing yet and I'm not going to unless Polaris is putting it on at their cost. Good luck with that I'm thinking,so my cure and dad's is switch to a new Yamaha,maybe they will have something we really like for once,Polaris I think is going backwards,hate to say it,but 2003 600 was not any better.

·
Registered
711 Posts
skidoo_magoo said:
and i have one reason, you will like it i promise, that they may only be going 90-

the new engine may not be fully broken in yet, so itll take more than a day of riding for it to get to its fullest. i mentioned this about a rev 800 once. the guy with the new 800 couldnt go over 90 the first day. but the next day or so and on, it was up to 115 or so.

so maybe the engine just needs a bit of...warming up?
i buy that, my 800 now is way more peppy then when i got it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
trachrusion bring yours to the dealer there are some recalls on them casue there new and that vibration is one of them i think

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm begining to think my dealer doesn't know too much about these sleds. Seems to have a hard time to get things going. My 2003 600 was slow too and they didn't really know what to do,they are new I guess that doesn't help,but they shouldn't be stupid either.I don't think it really matters though,I'm going to buy a new Yamaha still next year,time to start fresh before I really get upset. If there were updates they let me know about it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
skidoo_magoo said:
... the guy with the new 800 couldnt go over 90 the first day. but the next day or so and on, it was up to 115 or so.
Engines do require some runtime to "seat" everything together BUT...

Riding one day and only getting 90 mph, then sleep for a couple of hours and be able to get 115 mph the next day?? A 25 mph gain overnight seems kinda odd doesn't it?

Sounds like conditions played a larger factor than hours on the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts