Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my sled, it is a 2000 ZL500 EFI with 1300 miles on it for only $2200. It is in perfect condition. The reason I was asking so many questions is because I wanted to know what kind of upgrades each sled could have done. Thanks for all of the replies. Well here is another question I've read about people having trouble with the tether switch, did it ever happen with this sled? Also how did these sleds perform? Thank you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was out riding it and sometimes when I'm about to hit the gas it is like its going to die but it doesnt and it does it again but then it will be running perfect. I read on the sled that if you run ethanol you have to have a switch plugged in so could that be the problem? Also the gas that I'm running is premium and I'm in a town that would have good gas so what ever good gas stations sell wether its regular or ethanol I'm running it so what is it? Also where is that plug? If not what else could it be?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mostly all cats have kill switch problems .Just undo the padding on the handle bars and unplug the wire that is hooked up to your kill switch.Im sure you find that that is the problem Good luck Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts