Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving it and i was just about to hit the kill swtich and it died and then i realized it had no sprk after pulling it about 100 times. i bypassed the tors disconnected the ignition and kill switch and changed the plugs and still no spark any clues????/

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
CRAZY J said:
i was driving it and i was just about to hit the kill swtich and it died and then i realized it had no sprk after pulling it about 100 times. i bypassed the tors disconnected the ignition and kill switch and changed the plugs and still no spark any clues????/
I would have stopped pulling after 20 or so... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i checked if the light was lighting up and it was but i dont have spark so now what.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problems with my 96 vmax but would be leary about going to the CDI stator or coil as they are not cheap and they may not work

History
vmax has no spark, bypass kill switch and get spark, go for enjoyable ride next time I try to start it it has no spark

bypass torrs ,get spark, go for enjoyable ride. next time I try to start it, no spark

bypass ignition. get spark go for enjoyableride, next time I try to start it,no spark

have replaced the CDI and Coil as well and have doubt that the stator would be the problem as it is an on again/off again problem and cannot see that the stator would act that way

Yamahas have a grounding system that is unique among sleds
and I am trying to understand it a bit better as I think that everything has to be grounded properly or it will simply not conduct any electricity to protect from 'shorting out:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts