Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to these but I need some help I just got a Yamaha inviter for my son for Christmas it ran for 15 min then over heated on the real problem I took the water pump off the impeller wash melted away know I try to find one 81e-12450-00-00 part # every where says not available so anyone know where to get replacement thank you for any help

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
That stinks!

Salvage Yards are your only bet. That is NLA from anywhere as you said. Not even used up on eBay right now so try your local salvage yards. Or find another Inviter buy cheap and use as a parts sled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also need one if anyone finds a source, Has anyone put a different motor in a inviter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a struggle my local scrap yard had one new one cost me 70$ all he had on another forum I was on one person said put a 12 v pump inline

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also need one if anyone finds a source, Has anyone put a different motor in a inviter?
Look back on face book till 2/18/17 for Yamaha Inviter members. I put a Chapparral in one just for fun. If I were serious a bravo switch would be easier. I saw on You Tube where it has been done. Also working on a ski doo plastic impeller switch. Ask me latter how that worked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got to be spring, and change over to different impeller was not going anywhere fast. Keep looking for used, and if you find, make sure you flush system out real goood to get all the old plastic out or it will over heat again. Small car electric in line seems like the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the response man. I'm headed to check out a used parts inviter to see if that one has a good water pump to it. Me and my dad were also thinking if we couldn't get a used one, take the one good one we have and see if we could get an aluminum one built. Do you have any idea what kind of car impeller is of close resemblance? I saw on ebay the liquid cooled yamaha atvs have some very similar looking ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts