Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at used Yamaha Exciter's from 1987 to 1993 and have talked to owners saying these have problems with the CDI's and Stators going bad. I'm not much knowledgeable with these Yamaha's but, they're a lot for sale and seem to be in good condition. I was just wondering if there are any particular years from 1987 to 1993 that the Yamaha Exciter's were known to have problems with CDI'S and Stator's (Going Bad Regularly).

·
Registered
25 Posts
You'll have to keep me posted on this one. I just picked up an 87. I haven't heard of anything bad about them other than they are heavy.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Never heard they had issues! Cats yes! I had a 89 EX II and did alot to it (go figure!) One known thing on almost all Yami's is the chain case! Dop a tooth off the top gear! Replace the chain too (a week link!)!
I cut that piece that doesn't move when you open the hood! Made cleaning the carbs VERY SIMPLE!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been looking at used Yamaha Exciter's from 1987 to 1993 and have talked to owners saying these have problems with the CDI's and Stators going bad. I'm not much knowledgeable with these Yamaha's but, they're a lot for sale and seem to be in good condition. I was just wondering if there are any particular years from 1987 to 1993 that the Yamaha Exciter's were known to have problems with CDI'S and Stator's (Going Bad Regularly).
Never had any issues with mine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts