Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this stubborn Exiter peeps and I need help to get it running pls. It’s a struggle to get it started. 20 pulls or so with the choke on and off in intervals but eventually it will start. Once it is running if I WOT on er it bogs and i can hold down the throttle and it will booooooooooooooog and stay running, I’ll let off the throttle and it will stay idling. If I really ease into the throttle it revs up and goes crazy like it’s supposed too. I’ve cleaned the carbs. Adjusted needle seat and pilot screw to factory settings (Mukinu Carb) tinkered and tinkered searched and searched tried all I know and now I’m here hoping somebody can really help me out. I read up on few forums and clutching was mentioned that it can cause bogging. I kinda hope that’s what it is. I haven’t checked this yet as I don't know much about the system and how it works but I have a good idea. If someone can please elaborate on this topic this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes 570. So I did the compression check again and it’s in the 120 range on both cylinders, I have the sled running now. It only starts with the choke on and revs up and idles at 3000rpms. Once I turn off the choke it just dies out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did the compression check again and it’s in the 120 range on both cylinders, I have the sled running now. It only starts with the choke on and revs up and idles at 3000rpms. Once I turn off the choke it just dies out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It starts with the choke on and revs up to 3000 and stays idling at 3000 once I turn the choke off it bogs out and dies unless I keep on the throttle and hold it at 3000 rpms otherwise it dies

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to update everyone on my findings. It was the primary crank seal.... Thankyou all for the responses. Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts