Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to ask this, maybe a sled shop in my area, but ill try here.. I have a 1993 ,Yamaha exciter 570 swapped into my modified Honda fl350 odyssey. I have built banshees but I have never done anything with sleds.Motor is mounted at the same orientation as it was in the sled using the same clutches with a custom shaft to my fnr gearbox. KnN filters with outwears are clamped directly to the carbs. Toomey exhaust from a Yamaha banshee was modified for true dual pipes. I have a new fuel pump (same model as sled) located above the motor, and under the fuel tank. The buggy will mainly be running at sea level but currently I am at 7000ft. I have experimented with main jets from 230 to 390 at a few different elevations as I travel for work. Also have tried different needle heights. I do not know pilot size. Carbs are clean. Everything else is new. Fuel is pump 93 with castor927 mix. TORS is deleted.

Now that you know the conditions here is the issue I am struggling with. It idles well and evenly out exhaust. Any sort of throttle response is sluggish and does not reach high rpm quickly. Fuel will then come out overflows. This is consistent with multiple jet sizes and needle heights. Too much fuel and floods. Br8es plugs become very wet. Raw fuel in exhaust. I have never ran the buggy other than in a driveway.

I am assuming that the fuel has too much pressure coming into the carb and is forcing its way in. I do not know if this is correct or how to fix that. That's why I'm here. I thank anyone in advance who is willing to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,457 Posts
Welcome
First the floats in the carbs are the issue
Remove float bowl and hold the float in one hand,
With a piece of fuel hose on inlet,
Blow with your mouth and raise the float!
Air should stop as the float becomes 'LEVEL' with body!

Second go back to the original single pipe!
There is a Mod for the stocker that will work much better!
Remember that 570 is like 80+ hp!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts