Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change the brakes on an enticer and they look like a nitemare. They are behind and under the rotor! WTF were they thinking? Does anybody know an easy way to do this? The pin holding the arms on have some kind of spring, and weird clip ive never seen before. Help.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
pretty sure the chaincase and the secondary has to come off to access the pads. should be just the cable attachment, loosening of the adjustment bolts, one long pin with a cotter and the return springs. take a picture of the spring orientation if you dont have a photographic memory as they only go on a certain way and it saves soem head scratching with a picture referrence.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. Can you imagine how stupid the engineer who designed this is? Or was it planned as a joke? Id fire him immedietly. After looking it over i cant see why they didnt put the brakes on top and outside the rotor. Having to remove a chaincase to change brake pads is beyond absurd.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
all that aside, technology has come along ways. have you checked the pads on the brake arms to determine they are past the wear limit? what was your initial motivator for changing them? i have seen cables stretch, adjustments not correct as well as corroded pivot points inhibiting the braking ability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts