Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2006 Yamaha Bravo that I have problems starting. I'll try to make it short.

I've had 2 problems with the carburetor that probably led to this. First, the screw that hold the float pin came loose so the valve was sealing . Needless to say, I completly flooded the engine trying to start it. I reinstalled the screw and started it back up. Ran fine for 30 mins before I got stranded again. This time, the main jet fell in the bottom of the bowl. It would still run, but was hard to start and could barely get it moving without stalling.

Now, I screw the main jet back in, reinstall the carb and it just backfires trough the exhaust every couples pulls... The plug is completely wet everytime I checked it. Has a nice spark. Just seems like it still is flooded or there's too much fuel going in. I'm not sure. I'm kinda lost what to check next. Fuel pump?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it moves freely and I believe it shuts completely. Not sure how I would confirm it goes all the way down inside the carburetor though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't run so I can't tell. It only backfires. I did some more work on it last night and there's only 2 things left to check. Replace the needle valve even though it seems to work fine and remove the primer, maybe it sucks fuel through it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts