Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just bought a pretty rough 1998 Polaris XC 600. The shocks in skid I believe are shot. Does anyone know the part #s for the Fox shocks that were used in rear of these? Also, is there a decent alternative to these?

·
Administrator
19,352 Posts

This is the Polaris parts website, you can find the OEM part numbers in there. Polaris won't have any in stock, they don't support anything older than about 10 years old, but with the number to the shocks, you should be able to search on the number and find a suitable replacement .Most Fox are very rebuildable, you may be able to send yours off to have them gone through for a lot less money.

Arvin, Ryde FX, Fox are all good brands. Kimpex, Parts Unlimited, and SPI are a little less robust, but probably a lot cheaper. With a sled that age, you will be limited in what is available. Even some of the after-market companies don't sell for all sleds.

You can also remove your shocks and take measurements compressed and fully extended and maybe find something that will match those dimensions.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Fox Shocks for the Xtra-10 are all over the place. Even the last versions of them from '99-'01 will bolt right up. I have a 2001 Fox Shock rebuilt ready and waiting to go in my '97 when the Fox Shock on it is do for a rebuild. Fox Shocks had a ton of different part numbers. What matters is the length between the eyelets. IIRC it should measure around 14 and 3/4" give or take a little bit for the rear rear shock on it. The Front Rear shock on the rear suspension is something like 10"+ inches or so. I have spares of that as well at my parents house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts