Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MarcusSport440
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 1991 polaris sport 440 and supposed to be getting an xtra 10 suspension. i was wondering if the rear skid will bolt directly up to my current mounting holes. i know that the xtra 12 is different holes but not sure about this. thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 1990 Polaris Indy 400 that I put an Extra 10 in and that bolted right in. I believe the chassis are the same and your extra 10 should bolt in as well. Also I crossed referenced the shocks from my old stock suspension and both front and rear shocks were the same. So, If the shocks from the older suspension are in better shape you can just swap them out.
Good luck

·
MarcusSport440
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to bc dan. i'm just getting the skid and front end stuff from a guy not the whole sled so i won't have an example for measurements. i'll try to see if they bolt up to my previous mounting holes. if i need exact measurements i'll repost. thanks.

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
No, it won't fit without drilling new holes.

magicdragon, if you haven't had problems yet, you will.

Here's the measurements you'll need: (sorry it's so big)

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
^^^^ that should be sticky'd in the polaris section lots a people ask about the xtra 10 skid and if it will fit there 199x wedge
It's from JB Shocks; their website is already stickied.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Problem is, I took those measurements exactly, installed my Xtra 10 and now my 7/8" track is hitting the top of my tunnel.

·
Terrain Dominator
1,918 Posts
Problem is, I took those measurements exactly, installed my Xtra 10 and now my 7/8" track is hitting the top of my tunnel.
That shouldn't happen; you might want to check your track tension. :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts