Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently bought a Xtra 10 suspension off of a 96 XCR. I replaced the hyfax's. The front shock was in good shape so I didn't replace it and I did replace the rear shock however. Now, the sled that I put this into is a 88' Indy 650. I removed the old suspension and track, removed the mounting plates, drilled new holes for mounting via directions from someone's site on the internet. Put the mounting plates back on, put track back on, and then put the suspension in the track and bolted it up. Well it seems to have a serious problem. Out of the sled, this suspension works good, everything flucuates well, but INSTALLED IN the sled, I get about 1 inch of travel until it hits the rear stoppers, from there it doesn't move. I checked for all places that the 4 mounts could be hitting bolts on the mounting plates, and I even removed some and that still did not help. It has plenty of room on the top of the tunnel ofr the track, and I loosened up the track tension to see if that was the problem, no go. I removed both shocks while the suspension was installed in the sled, and still, the suspension only moved about 1 inch. Well I am utterly confused and can't think anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or help? Anything will help, and it will be greatly apprecaited, thank you,

Patrick

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
DID YOU MEASURE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE FRONT ARM BOLT HOLE TO THE REAR BOLT HOLE WHEN YOU HAD THE SUSPENSION OUT, BET YOU ARE A LITTLE OFF ON YOUR MOUNTS. YOU NEED TO HAVE THE SAME DISTANCE BETWEEN HOLES WHEN INSTALLED, A LITTLE OF AND IT WILL BIND. HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK.
KEEP US POSTED

1 - 3 of 3 Posts