Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find all new bearings for and xtra 10 skid. I just bought the skid I know it’s an xtra 10 without the fox shock. And I don’t know what it came out of. I’ll upload a picture but I would like to replace them all maybe even a part number if someone knows thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,936 Posts
If I remember, it takes 6004 2RS shielded bearings for the rear axle and somewhat larger 6205 2RS shielded for the rest. Polaris doesn't separate out the bearings as a replacement item, they want you to buy the whole wheel/bearing/circlip/spacer instead.

You also can get the plastic spacers online at places like DennisKirk.com, they sell the bearings too. You may find 'em cheaper on the web somewhere. I wouldn't be too afraid of getting inexpensive bearings for the suspension, as it's pretty easy to get to them when they fail (as opposed to the driveshaft/jackshaft bearings... I go for the spendy ones there!)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Local driveline and bearing shop. Same bearings used electrical rebuilding and cars. I always go to a local shop called Young's Gear and Driveline. But did find a few over at Motion Industries (electrical rebuilder)

·
Registered
749 Posts
I buy them by the bulk on Amazon. Last time I did it I ordered 20-25 of each bearing and the total was something like 35-40 dollars leaving me a bunch of spares. Those bearings are used in hundreds of different types of machines anymore so they tend to be very cheap on cost these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts