Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first I started my sled tonite and noticed it was idling kind low mind you it was -24c then while it was warming up the engine started to pulse in rpm so I went and gave it some throttle and moved it ahead a bit seemed to be alot of smoke and then it stopped pulsing and idled fine:dunno: and also i checked my coolant earlier and noticed a dark film on top in the bottle and when I opened the cap... does it just need a flush or is there something bigger here have already checked t out a bit doesnt seem to be a haed gasket or anything like that any thought's would be great thank's

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Adding to the symptoms of my poor sled is what happened tonite was running down the lake around 40mph and went to give it some gas and it fell on its face sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders once I let off i was fine and seemed to be running normal just couldnt open it up can anyone help please

·
Registered
323 Posts
maybe a little water in the gas? throw some heet in it, maybe new plugs

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here is where I stand on whats goin on with my sled pulled the plugs and all three were black ( all were nice and brown prior) and the carbs looked clean should i check the stator or is it most likely not the cause and I have three seperate coils so I cant see them all breaking down at once also I added some gas line antifreeze and changed the fuel filter dont if I'm makin progress or not

1 - 4 of 4 Posts