Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bunch of used Polaris XLT engine parts, 1 set of cylinders has machined heads. Can anybody identify these heads, I don't believe they are stock. Also, is there anyway to identify a high port from a low port? I have 4 loose cylinders, no carbs, just bare cylinders.

Gas Sculpture Auto part Automotive wheel system Art
Gas Font Auto part Symmetry Circle

·
Registered
1995 Polaris XLT Touring
704 Posts
There should be an engine code stamped on the block, I believe mine were either below the intake or exhaust ports. You should be able to look those engine codes in the manuals. They're available here in various posts here in the forums or if you can post the code I call look up in the pdfs I have saved.

High port was I believe only from 1996-on in certain models. I don't think there was a high port in the pre-1995 models or the 580cc's, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think these are Hymark heads, they look the same.
The only identification is the letter E stamped on them, which corresponds to the Hymark letter identification, however the site I posted does not list an E. I pulled one off, and they had the steel coolant restrictor plate that seems normal for these heads, plus they had a normal head gasket below it. The heads have a single o-ring grove to seal them as well.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Those kinds of upgraded cylinder heads were a common design for XLT's. Lots of companies used that design. Could be from any one of them. Need to measure the cc area. That will help as well. The "E" could have been an old design that they have since removed and upgraded. Best to take pictures of everything and send them to them. Maybe they can identify when those were made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts