Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok .. i dont know where to start.. i recently bought a 99 xcr 700 , it runs and works perfect , I noticed a few days ago that when the throttle and hand warmers are on , the lights flicker at low rpm , so i just shut them off , cuz i really dont need them . it was good after that .. now heres the real problem , today i was letting it warm up , and when i started going the lights dimed right down but never quite went out , the dashboard also dimmed, i was on my way home takin it easy and all of a sudden they retured to normal , then dimmed again , it did that twice till i was close to my house then they went normal again , i parked it and came on here , any solutions or does anybody know what might be wrong?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Working on a similar problem with some of the same symptoms. When It was dim, I pulled the yellow wire off the regulator and the lights brightened up. Don't rev the motor like this or you'll burn all the bulbs out. I bought a new (cheap) regulator and it seems to have burned up after a few hours of riding. I will probably get one from Polaris next.
Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts