Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1995 Polaris XCR 600 that i've had for a couple years, put a few thousand miles on and it gave out on me a few weeks ago.

What happened is the crank twisted about 1/4 inch out of index and three clutch side bearings were bad. I had the crank rebuilt and visually saw from the guy that rebuilt it, it was straight and ready to go.

I went to go put it in the cases and torqued down all the bolts, and the crank got harder to turn. I took it back apart, found some burrs on the case where the clutch side bearing totally exploded and smoothed them out, put the case all back together, and put a little polaris Blue oil in the case per recommendation from a polaris tech. With all bolts torqued down the crank seemed to spin very well. so, with the block bored out .020 over, new wiseco piston kit, the sled is back together and running. It seems to run excellent except for a little vibe. I know on most sleds i've been on there are always vibes from the motor (ie: windshield shaking just a little) when idleing, before clutch engaugement. But I just figured that this would go away after this rebuilt. Also I do feel the vibe on the running boards....if that makes any difference.

Is this something i should worry about? I mean, the motor is running great....but If it's not right, i don't want to destroy the top end again, because of a lower end problem.

Thanks,
Joe

·
I Want a Rev
774 Posts
My XCR was rebuilt with wiseco pistons about 900 miles ago, and it vibrates a little at idle, the high stock windshield, 14 inch Grandma-lookin thing shakes a bit. I never thought anything of it til I read this thread, do you think that's a bad thing? I thought all sleds vibrated a little at idle, just as long as it smoothed out at higher RPM's :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts