Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 XCR 600 and I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on this issue. It always started right away but now I have to pull it about 10 times to get it to start. Once it is running the sled idles up too high for awhile and even when it warms up it still idles higher than normal. Also, I've noticed my garage smelling like gas so I took a look and saw a gas/oil mixture underneath the sled, leaking from the bellypan. I opened the hood and saw that the gas/oil is running out of the exhaust ports and into the bellypan. The thing is, it is heavily leaking out of all 3 exhaust ports and down onto the pan. This makes me think that if it's all 3 cylinders being affected that it's a linkage issue affecting all 3 carbs. Could it be my oil injection is overrunning? I looked at the oil injector pump and it opens and closes fine. Could all three carbs have the same issue at once, even though I never had one issue before? Somebody please help me out here cuz I can't even walk into the garage without getting sick from the fumes! Anybody that has seen this before would definately know what I'm talking about. Thanks a bunch!

·
BAHNN Motorsports
189 Posts
I had this happen a few years ago on one of my 1999 XCSP 700 Twin's when I installed SLP pipes and different set of carbs, it turned out to be the choke was stuck open on one of the carbs from when I screwed the plunger back in...it was kinked funny

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be my choke cable or lever then because that would fit with my assumption of a linkage affecting all 3 carbs. That'll be my next target. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts