Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Im new to the forum, but I have been reading for quite some time. Ive been chasing a problem on my '03 edge 600. Everything is stock except for a dynoport can. The sled idles ok but backfires and pops when you crack the throttle (about 2000-2500rpms). Midrange the sled runs great, but it doesnt reach max RPM at full throttle. The sled bogs at about 6500 and after a second gets up to 7000. Ive already been through the basic stuff- plugs, carbs, exhaust valves/bellows, checked compression- 130psi on both cylinders, and it still does the same thing. Im thinking it could be something electrical like the stator or CDI box. I tried unplugging the harness so you have to kill it with the choke, still the same. Just looking for some ideas before I just start replacing parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just pulled the reeds out. The cages and the petals dont seem to be damaged at all but i did find that the plastic stuffer on the pto side was missing. I wonder if this has something to do with it... I ordered the part, might be a week before it comes in :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
196 Posts
My '01 did that at idle and all the way up to 7000. My problem unded up with me bringing it to a shop where they replaced a temp sending unit - fairly inexpensive. now it runs like a champ!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got the part yesterday and put it in the sled. It runs better now- but its still backfiring and still wont reach max rpm. :mad: I'm going to try the temp sensor next. Any other ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.