Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this correct..

XC and XC SP has a twin cylinder engine?
XCR has a tripple?

XCR is more going fast?
XC more like hard trailriding?
XC SP ??? What about this one, what is the differens between XC and XC SP?

XC is much lighter then the XCR
XCR isn't much for jumping.

Suspention? What year is the best ('98 or '99). Where there a new chassi at the '99? What where the great changes from 98 to 99?

Maybe I should ad that I'm looking for a cross country sled like the MXZ.. and then maybe XC or XC SP could be an alternative?

XC is Cross (X) Country (C)... But what does XCR mean (Cross country racing?)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Loudhandle said:
Polairs still has trailing arms, there sleds havn't changed in 5 years. Until they do I will rip polairs. Buy a real mans sled.
Whats that got to do with anything? Could you please explain to me the advantages of not having trailing arms?!!! My polaris sure as hell rides awsome and blows away so many other sleds on the strip. I would rather have a bent trailing arm every once in a while that I can still ride home on, than hit something and lose a whole side of my suspension.

·
Registered
711 Posts
DOnt worry BOOM. i got your back. STill a die hard polaris fan for many reasons and one of them isnt the suspension. As soon as it proves to me unreliable (the trailing arms) then i will switch. Your pretty much right on about all your sleds, there are some minor differences between the xc and xcsp. i do beleive one of them besides price is the addtion of fox shocks however i could be mistakin. For my coin, i would stay awy from an xcr for a few resons. A 600 or 700 twin still has plenty of power but is lighter than an 800 triple. also now there are plenty of 800 twins out there. Yes an xrc is speed and can be used for trail riding just fine, but i still lean to the xc more for personal preferance and the main reason is weight. Yes a few pounds hear and there may not really slow you down, but i get tired of digging out heavy sleds. However i only ride off trail so neither sled would really come into play. My money, get an xc or xcsp for your general purpose sled. Now they are having the option of the 1 inch track as well so it is good on the harder stuff and some powder. o well i hope i have helped you see the light of hope at the end of the anti-polaris tunnle:)

P.s yes xcr is cross country racer and xc is cross country and the sp part is special i.e the fox shox. Direct compotition with mxz type sleds. mxz is a good sled also. SO if you are after a mxz type, go for an xc if you after a formula III or mach I, go xcr if you want to stay polaris
dano

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly the answear I wanted, thank you o mighty moderator ;)

If I'll buy a polaris it shure would be a XC (or XC SP) from -99 or -00. The older XC (up till -98) looks like they're from the end of the 80's. Not much of an evolution there..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey boom,
If you do end up buying a polaris, i would recommend buying a 2001 or newer. That way you get the edge chassis which is much better riding than the old gen II chassis with the xtra-10 suspension. I have 3 polaris sleds all 2001 or newer and have loved riding every mile of them. They are the "cadillac" of snowmobiles. I dont' know what size of sled you are looking for but polaris only gave the option to get the xc in a 500. all other models were the xcsp. If you end up buying a 500, get the xcsp because the fox shox make a world of difference for an excellent ride. Hope this helps ya a little bit.
ND_Flatlander

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree with flatlander 100%. Those 2001 or newer xc's are wonderfull

dano

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yup, got me self an 01 Edge 500 XC SP. It has great suspention and handles awesome. Dano is right on- the SP has the fox shocks front and rear, and that is the difference. They do make a difference because they are infinately adjustable. Real quality, rebuildable shocks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
boom about buying xc or xc sp

boom I wanted to let you know that I just bought an 02 xc sp 500 and my wife owns a xc sp 600 2000 and my 500 stock rips hers apart on take off and top end . Im putting a rumble pack on it this weekend . but you really should stay 2001 and up the edge suspension is the way to go the sled i was riding last year was a 95 and I test drove a few diff. models and the edge susp. I thought was the most comfortable . I will always ride a polaris I think that they are the dependable sled on the market

1 - 9 of 9 Posts