Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK heres one- 98 xc700 when i start it up while its cold the ignition and kill switch work. when it warms up i cant turn engine off with the key or kill ???? traced the ground from headlight (brown i think) and cleaned up connections. only found one body ground(under key) can anyone help??
Paul

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
maybe your engine is running very hot, and the heat from the head/piston/block is igniting the fuel instead of the spark :)

Maybe...

·
Registered
36 Posts
sounds like g-force junky hit it right on the head, make sure you have antifreeze in that beast and try it again, if there is coolant in it make sure it is circulating

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya think?? wouldnt the temp light go on. It doesnt seam to be running too hot, it actually runs really good and the plug is tan. i put 50 miles on it the other day without any drivability probs. when i unloaded it from the trailer and drove it into the garage it wouldnt shut off, come to think of it it couldnt have gotten hot from the trailer to the garage. i was thinking a short in the cdi box, but i'm still leaning towards a ground problem.
great now its intermitant

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
Not sure if you can/should do this:

Try pulling the plug wires when it's still running, if it keeps running then it's what I said...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shuts right off thats how i've been shutting it down grrrrrrrrrrrrr i gotta figure i got a bare wire or something somewhere making a problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
same problem

I have a 99 ZR 500 and my sled was doing the exact same as your sled is doing. Everthing pointed to the CDI, bought a new one and still didn`t fix the problem. Decided to check the Stator, and found a burnt wire on the charge trigger, replaced the Stator and the sled runs fine. Usually when the Stator is bad the sled will not start, but it was the direct oposite in my case, (sled would start, but wouldn`t shut down). Hope this will help you.

:confused: Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts