Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999 xc 600 with kiehn carbs and it is using alot of fuel and idles rich .We went 20 miles and used half tank of fuel.So i took my carbs off to see if there was any dirt in there and it was clean but i did notice that with the carbs upside down and the bowls off the float was not level,it is laying way down,is this right and if not would it make it run rich and hard on fuel?another thing when we stop on the trail and when i start it i have to give hold the throttle a bit and it loads up when we come to a cross road and go again :dunno:

·
Registered
323 Posts
the float arms are supposed to be level with the carb body (where the float bowl seals) and yes, with the arms way up like that it will use a ton of fuel, and load up the engine so you have to grab some throttle to get it started.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having a similar problem but the floats aren't supposed to level when the carbs upside down. the is a procedure for setting them. they should be level with the carb housing with the needle just starting to set and to pressure on the spring. hope this helps you may want to find a manual. also check your reeds cause i think that's what my problem is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts