Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was read somewhere that XTRA 10 suspension components can be bolted onto an XC-100 skid to convert it to 10" of travel. Is this true, and, what parts would be needed to make this work? Also, will an XTRA 10 suspension from an Evolved chassis work on a 94 wedge?

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
The Xtra-10 suspension swap has been done with success many times. The key is in the mounting locations. The XC-100 holes are not in the same place on the sled as the Xtra-10, so you have to do some drilling and moving of mounting hardware. Google is your friend if you don't have the donor sled to measure. A lot of posts on the subject exist to help.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I wasn't real clear. I may have access (free) to a XTRA 10 suspension that was run with worn out hyfax and the rails are damaged beyond use. Bogey wheels are also bad on it.
What I want to know is can I bolt the XTRA 10 components onto my XC-100 rails/wheels to end up with the XTRA travel or are the two suspensions totally different? I know I would have to drill new holes in the tunnel in order to mount the XTRA 10.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts