Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is POLARIS EVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING ON THERE OWN IS WHAT IM WONDERING...EVERYTHING ON THIS SLED is a somewhat copy of Arctic Cat and Ski-doo...Whatever!!! Just my opinion!

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
My opinion:
- Polaris's are more reliable than new Ski-Doo's or new Arctic-Cat's
- Polaris better be more reliable because reliability is the only reason people are buying them right now
- if Polaris had it's way we'd all be riding 600cc 80hp sleds on a 15-year old chassis
- Polaris should stop making fun of Arctic-Cat/Ski-Doo, because guess what, Polaris's new sled is going to have some problems too.
- Polaris needs to come up with something new, that has never been done before, to give themselves some brand identity other than "reliable"

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think Polaris's are plenty fast. Reliable is the most improtant thing to me. I would rather go out and ride all day and have a pretty fast sled, instead of going out for an hour and having to call it a day because the something is wrong with the sled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pretty much agree overall that I would take a more reliable sled any day over something thats making alot of hp(F7) and could grenade at any moment. I think Polaris is somewhat giving into consumer demands but on the other hand they have to look to the future and the new engine regulations coming up in the next few years.
There is only so much you can do with these sled platforms nowadays that I think everything is eventually going to look the same and have some cosmetic similarity and mechanicals that mirror other manufacturers. Look at the Redline even, thats a independent sled manfacturer that has alot of similarities with a REV or a Firecat as far as its looks. The mechanicals again go along the lines of a Firecat engine layout, with the exhaust routed like a RX1ton. The rear suspension is pretty much the only place where things start to get different.
Right now I'm playing the waiting game and letting the cards fall where they may and then I will make my decision when I go shopping for a new sled for next season. Until then my so called ANCIENT trailing arm Edge platform is serving me just fine mile after mile as I pass the carnage of broken down ditch pickles!

·
back in the game
2,364 Posts
It's not like Polaris is the GOD of reliabilty, they have problems too, and it seems like AC and SD have "little" problems that prevent their sleds from running right, it's not like they blow up when they go over 90mph
Example - both my AC have had problems - even the 2004 - but the problems have been so small that although they've been hard to locate, they are extremely easy to fix ----IMO if AC put an extra $100 on top of the price of their sleds and put that money into quality control - there wouldn't be nearly as many AC problems :cool:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Excatly!!! polaris has a system that may be older, however they are really reliable. Now with public pressure and there 50th in 2005 we will see changes, however, keep in mind that what they have nowis bullet proof, not lazyness. I agree it is time to come up with some new stuff, but the delay is only because they didnt want to fix what wasnt broke.

dano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts