Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks I am a newbie to the snowmobile world this year. I must say i should have done this years ago. and to my surprise my wife loves it too. I do have one problem and hope someone can help. I bought a 1996 Polaris 600 Indy XLT setup 2 and is a grate machine. The only problem is that my wife and I are not small people and had some problems with bottoming out. are the shock i can get to beef up the rear end. thats on the machine not us, we have that part well covered LOL

thanks

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
You can get bigger springs to put in the rear changing shock's wont do to much and bye the way way welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Canada.

You can install heavier rear torsion springs but before you do it, read on.

Have you turned the rear torsion spring cams to the highest setting? This is the typical adjustment for rider weight. The goal is to have the sled's suspension drop about 20 to 30 percent when loaded. This allows some rebound over bumps.

Have you maxed out the spring preload on the center shock? This will stiffen the whole rear suspension. When you do this, you may want to raise the spring preload on the ski springs as well.

Have you turned in (clockwise) the damper screw on the shocks? This makes the shock absorb bumps with more resistance. There are three turns on this screw, full out is less resistance to compressing the shock.

Have fun and remember, you can always return to original settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts