·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i've found this entry mtn sled at $4200cad

-01 summit 600 standard
-144' x 2"
-CFR Rack
-Rebuilt crank & some engine work ($2000 of works with papers 0km's since repair)
-hand warmers
-& all the rest

What do u think? Worth it? (Since my current budget can only up to $4500cad) I did some riding here & there driving around the hill but I'm a total rookie anyway. Do I need 600 or more? (i.e. towing buds) 144x2" seems fair enough. What else should i be asking/looking/checking for when i go see the sled myself?

-------------------------

or

2003 Ski Doo Summit Adrenaline 600 H.O.-Sweet for around 4000cad?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Whats the Millage?

From what you did include, there are a couple things to think about.
one of them is unless this has high millage, WHY was the crank rebuild?
that does'nt happen unless high millage or engine damage.
is this a dealer buy or private sale?
if it's a dealer then the sled should have been gone through, to check sliders, track suspension and drivetrain.
for that kind of money the dealer should give you some kind of warranty for that kind of thing, even if its for a short time you'll know in the first few ride if somethings wrong.

If this is a private sale , these things need to be checked out.
If you dont know the differance then get a buddy or someone that does and have him go with you to check it out.

the other thing is the long track, I dont know you experaince with riding, but a long track is a little more on the back on a hard pack rough trail then a standard because of the extra track on the ground.
but you can always adjust to your liking, thats what suspension adjustment is for.

Well hope this helps,
but I would definatly ? why the crank was rebuild.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, hope this is more precise.
-------------------------------------
2001 summit 600
yellow
144X2"track (med-long track with 2" paddles)
cheetah factory racing snowboard rack
new crank and new pistons on engine plus new other
parts that I don't know the names of ($2000 garanteed
work work with 0km's on)
well maintained
looks good
hand warmers
2 spare belts
my seat is getting sewn up so it'll look fresh

asking 4200$
--------------------------------------

thanks for the answer but the long track will sure be not a problem for me because i'll be just doing mountain riding. it's a private sale. What other question should i be asking for.
(i'll email again to find out about the mileage before the rebuilt)

thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
For your price range, yes it is good, but a 600 for a 144X2 is just too week. Also, why all the repairs on the sled. If you can be patient i think you should hold off. a 600 really did it for me, should be a 700 at least for that track. i have a 700 141X2 and it has the power, but i got on a 600 and was a little disapointed. Nice sled yes, but i have my reservations about it

dano

actually i just went back and read abou tthe sled, stay away from it, even with the rebuilds, no. he is right, why the work on the sled. I have a feeling you are/would be throwing good money after bad on this one. I think the engine was too small and over worked and thus the rubild and repairs and the guy knows that and is trying to sell it befor eit breaks again. don tdo it man. From my experience with mountains sleds, heck no i would just hate to see a fellow member get screwed

dano

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks for the info. oh i forgot to mention. $4200 is in Canadian. But as you said if it needs work on it, then I guess that still won't worth the money right?

---------------------
More research reveil these ones.

98 summit x670
with reverse kit
4200 km
new exhaust
136x2
buyer got 800 so it haven't been used very often for the last 2 yrs.
$4600obo

---------

97 summit 670
7000 km
136x2
$3900

--------

96 summit 670
7500km
141x2
$3500

---------

it's all 600vs670 & 136"vs144". (Remember that I'll be mainly towing buddies sometimes & sometime tandem. )So which one would be the best bet?!? 7000km/7500km is kind of high, is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

The other thing you may wish to consider before committing is the insurance difference with anything over a 600. I am also on ATVtime.com and we have had a great deal of discussions over insurance - so I would confirm with your broker prior to any purchase. Some brokers are just NOT insuring any toys.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
IF YOUR A FIRST TIME BUYER, YOU MIGHT WANT TO START WITH A RENEGADE, THEY HAV E 136" TRACKS WHICH WOULD GIVE YOU BETTER HANDLING ON THE TRAILS AND STILL BE ABLE TO GO OFF TRAIL TO KIND OF GET YOUR WINGS BEFORE YOU GRADUATE TO A FULL FLEDGED MOUNTAIN SLED, BUT THIS JUST MY OPINION.

GOOD LUCK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts