Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the simptoms of a worn belt? I thought I had a fuel issue but I don't think that anymore. I changed my mind because the carb is clean, and the plugs are fine, but it still doesn't want to go. I am very curious because the sled runs fine in reverse but goes like crap in forward, wtf?
Can anyone help me?

·
GIT ER DONE
312 Posts
Both Clutches and the Belt travel the same direction in forward or reverse, so if they're working ok in reverse .............. But how hard can you be running in reverse? Is it running crappy in forward cause your giving it a lot more throttle and there is fueling/spark IE: motor issues?

·
710 Posts
Belts have a spec on deflection and width. That should answer any question you have about this issue just check your manual.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think it is a fuel issue, I have cleaned the carbs, and replaced the plugs. I don't know if it could be the fuel pump, but I'm gonna try changing the fuel filter, maybe it is cloged?

I have no idea how old the springs are, I'm assuming they are stock, and the sled is a 95.

It feels like it is bogging down from a lack of power from idle on up. But, when its in reverse, if I pin it off idle it will spin the track no problem, but if I pin it in forward, it barely makes it above idle and just kinda rolls forward.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
SierraCrust said:

It feels like it is bogging down from a lack of power from idle on up. But, when its in reverse, if I pin it off idle it will spin the track no problem, but if I pin it in forward, it barely makes it above idle and just kinda rolls forward.
If it's mechanical reverse, it shouldn't matter what direction it's going to bog down. It probably spins in reverse because all the weight shifts to the front. We need to know more. How do the spark plugs look? Tannish brown, or black and oily? Does the track move as freely in forward as it does in reverse? Lift the back up and see if you can turn it by hand. May be an issue with the transmission.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The plugs do look black and oily. The track seems to move easier in reverse than forward.

Can anyone post a diagram of a carbuetor so I can figure which is the slow jst, main jet, needle clip etc. so I can clean them properly. Thanks for all the help.

·
710 Posts
SierraCrust said:
The plugs do look black and oily. The track seems to move easier in reverse than forward.

Can anyone post a diagram of a carbuetor so I can figure which is the slow jst, main jet, needle clip etc. so I can clean them properly. Thanks for all the help.
You need to mention what sled it is....

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
The plugs should be a toasted marshmallow brown in color, yours is running rich. Take off the airbox and make sure nothing made a nest in it first. Remove the slide cover on the top of the carb and the whole slide assembly will come out. TAke off the carb(s), and remove the 4 screws on the bottom. The main jet is in the middle of the carb, the pilot is toward the front, both brass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts