Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my excitement about getting my 88' Exciter running. After numerous hours, 18 pack of beer, pack of smokes and good tunes in the garage I got the sled (mostly) put back together and tried to fire it up for the first time since I got it........ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!
HUGE thnx to Yamadad and others who offered support. Now that I know it runs I need to address the clutch issue's

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
not sure if they are the same but i have clutches from a 87 excell3 that i'm parting out

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
No they're different. They look different, have different part #'s, on the diagrams. Probably because ones a 340, and the other is a 570.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
oh he has the E.T. looking one.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I went and refurbed the seat since the wooden pan was toast. By the time I was done it was 10x better then stock. I was starting up first pull today (but that was in heated garage). Next up is figuring out how to put my secondary clutch back together as I wasnt paying enough attention when I took it apart :( And I'm also gonna check the "sync" on the carb's .
Considering I blew the motor in my chevy truck on Friday, I'm wicked happy of the progress on the sled this weekend

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure makes you smile when you pull the rope and things behave as they are supposed to! Congrats!

I hope the truck thing isn't too catastrophic, you shouldn't be looking at working on trucks while there's snow to be out on!!

We are due for a storm on wed. Pretty much everything melted down and since I dont have operational clutch on the sled yet, the snow can wait, lol I came home today and the sled started fully cold on 3rd pull:cool:

I'll be having to do a engine swap in my truck, but its just a chevy TBI 350 so w/ a buddy I can RR it in a day:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Today I went and refurbed the seat since the wooden pan was toast. By the time I was done it was 10x better then stock. I was starting up first pull today (but that was in heated garage). Next up is figuring out how to put my secondary clutch back together as I wasnt paying enough attention when I took it apart :( And I'm also gonna check the "sync" on the carb's .
Considering I blew the motor in my chevy truck on Friday, I'm wicked happy of the progress on the sled this weekend
I Know the feeling. MY 89 exciter took about five years to get it right. Mostly bc we dont get much snow here on Long Island. Getting hit now though with about 15" . I pulled my seat off for the first time recently and my wooden pan was toasted too. What did you replace it with?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts