Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 95 zrt 800 that once running, won't completely shut off. I've got one cylinder that wants to hang on and keep running. (Both the key and kill switch are in the off position)

Anyone seen this before?

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you aren't already running the highest octane pump gas, try it, it may stop the problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my 96 zrt 600 does the exact same thing.. i think something got wet from the snow but that will happen all winter. I have to pull the plugs to get it to shut off. :confused:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Your sled is still getting spark, try the cdi box or what ever the form of ignition is for your sled. The spark isnt shorting out when you shut off the engine, i am not sure about artic cats, but the only way to stop and engine is to short out the spark or stop the spark form being deliverd

dano

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like there is a timing problem there. Check with your manual to make sure your timing is set correctly on the mag side. A simple timing light can be used.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to agree with something getting wet. I am having the same problem with my 95 580. As soon as I leave it in for a while to warm up everything works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts