Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been posted a million times but I did a search and nothing came up...anyways...i have a 1998 arctic cat 440. It won't go faster than 50 mph. It starts and runs fine but when I sqeeze the throttle it seems to bog and won't accelerate. Last spring I drained the carbs and added stable in the gas. Is it ok to ride like this? Any thoughts? I'm a new sledder.

·
Registered
25,365 Posts
Well welcome o the Snow Show! Clean the carbs at the begining of every season! Also remove the belt and sand down the sheves and blow them off! Put on a new belt and give it a try!

·
Trevor
4,135 Posts
My indy 500 wouldnt go over 60 the other day. It didnt sound right either. I looked at the plug caps first, pulled the right one off, and the little nipple or whatever on top of the sparkplug must of vibrated off and unscrewed itself from the plug. Turns out the cap just wasnt going on right. Got the nipple thing out and put it back on the plug and put the cap on and it ran great after that. check to see if there on correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This has probably been posted a million times but I did a search and nothing came up...anyways...i have a 1998 arctic cat 440. It won't go faster than 50 mph. It starts and runs fine but when I sqeeze the throttle it seems to bog and won't accelerate. Last spring I drained the carbs and added stable in the gas. Is it ok to ride like this? Any thoughts? I'm a new sledder.
Check your bogey wheels. If one is more is seized its like driving with the brake on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts